Saturday 25 February 2012

Muppet Movie 2012

Initially I wasn't going to see the new Muppet Movie even though I have a Cineworld Unlimited card. But a friend convinced me and I have some personal issues which means I was looking for something to take my mind away from the "real world". I wasn't expecting much and I got a huge surprise - it was very funny indeed, laugh out loud and get strange looks funny. To be honest I personally never found Kermit or Miss Piggy particularly endearing when I used to watch the Muppets as a kid, but I loved Fozzy Bear, Animal and the dog who plays the piano (I forget his name and I won't be a slave to Google) so it was great to see them again
The humour is contemporary and and there's a bit of nostalgia thrown in for good measure. In fact, I doubt they were aiming the movie at kids at all. Parents will probably drag their kids, who won't be able to understand the lack of CGI, along to see it.
Stars Jason Segel and Amy Adams. Flight of the Conchords star Bret McKenzie provides some of the soundtrack

A definite 9 out of 10 for me

Don't watch any trailers as it's not a particularly long film - just go along a see it

No comments:

Post a Comment