Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Engineer from the Authority

The Engineer from the Authority drawing comic art Sinclair Elliott
You may be wondering what's in my and improved header - it's The Engineer from The Authority published under DC Comics Wildstorm imprint. I remember browsing the graphic novel, making a snap decision to buy it having being utterly blown away, not only by Bryan Hitch's awesome art (ably inked by Paul Neary), but also the sheer scale of Warren Ellis' story.
I think Bryan Hitch was at the height of his abilities during this run. The last thing I saw him draw was his run on Marvel's Fantastic Four #554-#568 about 3 years ago and since then I haven't come across much by him except the odd cover but what I have seen doesn't seem to be quite as epic as this period of his work.
I was so totally inspired by his stuff that I started to try and bring some of his exacting style into my work, so here's my attempt at the Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment