Wednesday 1 February 2012

Al Rio

I was quite saddened yesterday to read about the passing of Al Rio. For those that you who are not familiar with him he was a Brazilian artist who worked on a number of comics for DC and Marvel, and also sold artwork through Zazzle and probably other POD sites. There are examples of his work Comic Art Community. I last saw his work in an issue of The Hulk during the World War Hulk story arc. I was, and still am, a fan of of his draughtsmanship and style of detailed artwork.

Whilst I don't want the manner of his passing to overshadow his work apparently he took his own life which makes it all the more sad. You can read the whole story at Bleeding Cool

1 comment:

  1. I was quite shocked when I read this on the Zazzle forum. Very sad indeed.

    ReplyDelete