Saturday 4 February 2012

Please George Lucas - stop flogging that dead horse

So, there I was at the cinema when the trailers come on. Once again George Lucas is extracting as much mileage as is possible from the Star Wars franchise - this time he's jumped on the 3D bandwagon.
It wasn't enough that he pissed all over the original films by adding in a ton of additional computer imagery that didn't fit in at all with the style of the films produced with 70's and 80's technology. At the moment it's only the "first" three films, but I can expect the faux 3D treatment will be applied to the original trilogy.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot watch 3D, it gives me a headache and trying to keep the glasses on over your own pair is equally a headache.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from Avatar I haven't seen a single live action film that has benefitted from the use of 3D

      Delete